Covid-19 has changed the world as we know it. We at SHINE Foster Family Resources see ourselves as an essential resource for our community and continue to serve new placements while maintaining the safety and health of our board members and volunteers. Prior to the Covid-19 Pandemic, we had a small storefront in the basement of a community center, The Life Center, in Terre Haute, Indiana. We were open three days a week for people to drop off donations or shop our store if qualified. So much has had to change in order to keep everyone safe and healthy!
- We are NOT accepting donations from the public currently.
- We are accepting cash donations to help maintain our inventory.
- We are accepting NEW, unopened or items with tags.
- We have an Amazon wish list for those interested: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/ls/?ref_=navm_em_0_1_0_3_lists
- All donations are quarantined in our store for 3 days before we sort and store.
- We are NOT accepting furniture of any kind. We WILL request furniture donations on our Facebook page and connect donors to parents.
- Once a month we sponsor a sorting and stocking event.
- Eligible volunteers MUST all be from the same, single household.
- Volunteers are provided personal protective equipment including gloves and masks.
- Volunteers are expected to maintain personal social distance of a minimum of 6 feet as advised by the CDC.
- Due to the limited intake of donations, we are currently ONLY providing resources to new, qualified placements. We will verify DCS placement in order to confirm qualifications.
- Resources will be given to parents of a new foster child(ren), new relative placement or biological parents with a new in-home CHINS case.
- Resources can also be given to CASA and DCS Case Workers for any new cases.
- Fill out our form online to receive resources. Once we verify a new placement letter, a board member will prepare an emergency donation box of supplies including clothing, underwear, socks, shoes, coats, hygiene items and age appropriate books or toys if available.
- Emergency donation boxes are available for contactless pick up or delivery.
- We highly recommend allowing 3 days of quarantine for any goods received before wearing/using as an added precaution against the Covid-19 pandemic.